Apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Today
Beam is committed to bringing high quality Internet service to the communities we serve, which is more important than ever due to the unprecedented challenges caused by the COVID-19 Global Pandemic. In order to keep you connected during these trying times, Beam is participating in the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program to bring affordable Internet to eligible households.
In order to receive the assistance, please follow the steps below:
- Visit https://getemergencybroadband.org/ and follow the instructions to complete an application.
- Once you are approved, please call 540-534-2326 to order service and mention the EBB Program.
- You will be sent a link to Beam’s eligibility consent form to confirm that you have been made aware of the terms and restrictions for the discount.
- Complete the form, with contact information to begin receiving the discount.
In order to provide this government benefit to you, Beam will need to send some of your personal information to a third party Administrator, in order to identify you and verify your eligibility. This information will include:
- your full name
- full residential address
- date of birth
- the telephone number associated with your account that receives the EBB Program discount
- the date you started to receive the EBB Program discount
- the date on which the discount ends
- the amount of the discount
- the means through which you qualified for the EBB Program benefit.
This information must be transmitted to the Administrator to ensure proper administration of the EBB Program, and failure to consent to sharing this information will result in a denial of the discount.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the EBB Program?
The EBB Program is a government program that reduces your monthly Internet bill.
How much is the discount?
The discount is up to $50.00 per month applied against your monthly recurring charges for eligible Internet services. Taxes and other fees are not eligible for the discount.
Who is eligible?
Your household is eligible if you meet at least one of the following guidelines:
- your household income is 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- a member of your household participates in one of the following federal assistance programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Tribal Programs (and live on federally-recognized Tribal lands);
- your household is approved for the free or reduced price school breakfast/lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- your household experienced substantial documented loss of income since February 29, 2020 with a total household income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers;
- someone in your household received a federal Pell grant in the current award year.
Can my household receive the EBB benefit on more than one account?
No, a household can only receive one EBB discount at a time. A household is a group of people who live together and share income and expenses (even if they are not related to each other).
How long will the discount last?
The discount is temporary in nature. Once the government ends the EBB Program, you will be charged Beam’s normal undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions if you continue to receive service from Beam. The duration of this discount program is entirely up to the Government agency responsible and Beam has no say in the matter.
Can I transfer this benefit to another provider?
Yes. If you are eligible for and receive the EBB Benefit, you may obtain broadband service from any participating provider at any time.